Position: Senior Engineer, Software Design Engineering – VxWorks Hardware Enablement
Wind River is looking for a talented, ambitious, and driven individual ready to learn and to shape the future of our VxWorks product line. As part of an elite team, the Senior Engineer, software design engineer, VxWorks hardware enablement will play a key role in determining Wind River success.
As a member of the VxWorks hardware enablement team, you will be required to have a deep and broad technical competence to be able to design and development of well tested products specifically relating to the architecture, device drivers, and board supporting packages for VxWorks.
- Developing high-performance low-level software including architecture port, device drivers and board supporting packages for VxWorks
- Developing and reviewing software requirements, designs, and unit test plans
- Implementing your designs with high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
- Debugging and troubleshooting your code
- Resolving problems reported from both internal and external customers
- Improving the teams' effectiveness by reviewing deliverables from other team members
- BS/MS in CS or EE
- C or Java programming skill
- Shell/Perl/Python programming skill
- Operating system knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Good understanding on networking related protocols/applications (e.g., routing protocols, VPN, Firewall, TCP/IP, wifi, 3G, etc)
- Good trouble shooting skills
- Good English communication skills
- Passions working as a test engineer
Your level of responsibility will be shaped by your abilities, drive, and ambition. Our expectation is that you will become an actively contributing member of the VxWorks hardware enablement team from day one.
Desired Characteristics, Skills & Experience:
- BA in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Excellent programming skills using C languages. experience with understanding / programming assembly is desirable
- Solid knowledge of typical software tools and processes as well as "best known practice" of software design and debugging
- Hands-on experience implementing architecture port, device drivers and board supporting packages
- Hands-on experience dealing with embedded processors such as Freescale, Cavium, NetLogic, ARM, TI, Intel and associated OS and SDK
- Knowledge of any modern computer architecture like PPC/MIPS/ARM/IA, any peripherals like serial/timer/interrupt controller/Ethernet/DMA/PCIe/SATA/SD/MMC/CAN, and any modern operating systems like Linux/BSD/VxWorks
- Experience developing high performance and/or multi-core applications an asset
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable working a highly technical environment
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem-solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Desire and ability to master new technology, including software, and hardware.
- Strong and effective written/verbal communication skills in Chinese, and ability to understand and communicate in English
- Successful track record of estimation and delivery of projects on time
- Solid decision making skills and judgment – can be depended upon to meet goals, foresee and avert problems
- High level of self-motivation and requires minimal supervision
- Should be a hands-on type of person with the initiative to dive in and do whatever is necessary to get the task completed
- Experience with open source is recommended
- The position reports to the VxWorks Hardware Enablement Team Manager.
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products.
As devices become smarter, they have more impact on the way we work, play, and live - from mobile phones that have evolved into always-on content delivery platforms, to medical devices that seamlessly integrate with patient management systems, to avionics and defense systems that enable pinpoint control and unparalleled safety. The challenge for developers is to keep the innovation flowing so that devices continue to get faster, more reliable, and more secure, while remaining affordable.
Wind River offers the industry's most comprehensive device development portfolio. Our solutions are hardware-agnostic, so you can deploy on multiple architectures, including Intel, Freescale, PowerPC, ARM, MIPS, and others. And our products are supported by outstanding professional services and customer support, hardware integration expertise, and a thriving partner ecosystem.
We're uniquely qualified to help you master the challenges of building smart, connected devices.