Position: Member of Technical Staff, VxWorks Advanced Deployment
Wind River, a global leader in software for intelligent devices and systems, is seeking for an experienced and talented engineer for a fulltime position, responsible for innovating states-of-the-arts technologies to be added into products portfolio based on our flagship VxWorks operating system.
- Work closely with VxWorks Architect, product management and sales team.
- Explore cutting-edge technologies which potentially enrich VxWorks based product portfolios, to enable strategic VxWorks sales and product investment opportunities
- Estimate effort and propose solution based on a set of business requirements.
- Design, implement and test software features utilizing a combination of commercial free open-source and proprietary technologies.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development
- Provide superior training and support to documentation and customer-facing teams.
- BSc Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree/area.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in system software development.
- Extensive knowledge of the IoT/embedded market and ecosystems.
- Experience in RTOS or general purpose kernel, Intel/ARM architecture, and VxWorks are added value.
- Excellent programming skills using C/C++. Experience with popular assemble and other script language is an asset.
- Ability to deliver code according to the coding conventions and rules as specified in the architecture of the project.
- Experience with iterative and agile software development processes.
- Proven ability to work across many technology areas, act proactively and own a problem.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.